CITY ELEVATOR OPERATOR - UNION SQUARE ACADEMY FOR HEALTH SCIENCES (02M533)
- Posted Date: Oct 4, 2018 Deadline: Oct 15, 2018
Under immediate supervision, performs routine work in operating automatic or manually operated elevators in public buildings or structures. Performs related work.
- Operates passenger or freight elevator
- Exercises care that car stops at floor level and that when doors are opened and closed the passengers are all clear; informs them of other safety regulations.
- Assists, where required, with infirmed and handicapped passengers entering and leaving, or in the loading and unloading of freight.
- Gives directions to the public. Sees that passengers are properly identified before conducting them to floors not open to the public.
- May clean interior of elevators.
- Reports mechanical irregularities and other unusual occurrences to custodians and school administration.
- There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods.
- Must feel comfortable in a confined space, often filled with many people.
- Must be affable and cordial at all times.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
Applications must be submitted by October 15, 2018 to:
Mr. Bernardo Ascona, Principal
40 Irving Place, Manhattan, NY 10003
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.