PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1414: Teachers (ELA - Assessment Content Review) - OA
- Posted Date: Oct 22, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
ELA Teachers – Assessment Content Review
131 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11201
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers of Middle School ELA or High School ELA.
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching grades 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10
- Applicants must be rated as Developing, Effective, or Highly Effective
- Familiarity and expertise with Common Core English Language Arts Standards (Grades 6-8)
- Commitment to working during the work schedule below
- Experience working with high performing students
- Previous experience in reviewing documents for Common Core alignment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat software, Excel, and Google Docs
Review ELA assessment content
November 2018 – August 2019, mostly after school, weekend, or during school vacations. Exact schedule to be determined. (Approximately 25 hours per position depending upon funding availability and program needs)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Application Form OP-175, a cover letter that includes explanation of your anticipated availability based on the work schedule provided in the posting, your resume (including contact information for two professional references), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received by the Office of Assessment no later than June 26th, 2019 at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ELA Teachers – Assessment Content Review”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: email@example.com
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.