PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1417: School Secretary - OPSR
- Posted Date: Oct 22, 2018 Deadline: Jan 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Secretary, Per Session Processing (1 - position available)
Office of Post Secondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed School Secretary
- Experience with per session pedagogic payroll procedures and systems (including EIS)
- Excellent record keeping and timeliness skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional assistance to students, parents, and community representatives
- Assist with the Office of Postsecondary Readiness per session, per diem, and training rate bulk jobs.
- Provide support to the College Access, Computer Science, 9 – 14, and Transfer Schools Operations Managers and teams.
- Disseminate and reinforce operational protocols for per session payroll.
- Serve as an internal resource for per session related questions to OPSR and school-based staff.
- Monitor the per session inboxes for payroll-related inquires and timesheet submissions.
- Work with Director of Operations to share per session balances with the team and analyze budgets to best inform per session spending trends.
November 2018 through June 2019. Sessions will vary according to assignment and funding availability. Hours up to but not limited to 5 hours per week. Additional hours granted upon the approval of hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by January 31, 2019 to: OPSRPS@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OPSRPS@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.