PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1440: Teacher (CHAMPS Flag Rugby Event Support) - CHAMPS/OSWP
- Posted Date: Dec 12, 2018 Deadline: Mar 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
CHAMPS Flag Rugby Event Support (approximately 10 positions; Teacher)
Randall’s Island and various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports (CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Prior experience supporting the CHAMPS Flag Rugby showcases and the NYC Flag Rugby Cup
- Demonstrated knowledge of Flag Rugby rules and regulations, procedures of the CHAMPS Flag Rugby program
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Ensure clear communication with CHAMPS Flag Rugby Coordinator and event support staff
- Assist in event logistics including the set-up of the playing field, keep score of the games, monitor and assist in the transition of teams
- Provide support to the CHAMPS Flag Rugby Coordinator as needed
- Provide a safe and clean environment for participating teams and spectators
- Assist in processing timesheets and payroll
- January 2, 2019 – June 16, 2019 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours (maximum of 400 hours)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applicants must submit the following documents by March 31, 2019 to:
1230 Zerega Avenue – CHAMPS Room 57
Bronx, New York 10462
Attn: CHAMPS Flag Rugby Event Support – Vacancy # 1440
Email to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov (Subject: Flag Rugby Event Support – Vacancy # 1440)
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.