PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 963: Teacher (Curriculum Writing Project Manager in Dance Music Theater or Visual Arts) - OASP
- Posted Date: Oct 16, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Curriculum Writing Project Manager in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts (4 positions total)
52 Chambers Street, Manhattan, 333 Seventh Avenue, Manhattan, 4360 Broadway, Manhattan
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades K-12
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching high school dance, music, drama and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts, grades K-12
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
- Demonstrated Experience with development and writing of curriculum, including unit and lesson planning and integration of appropriate assessments in the Arts
- Demonstrated ability to manage curriculum design and development projects from start to finish.
- Participate in training related to curriculum writing process and development, if applicable
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues to develop sample/model curriculum maps at the elementary, middle and high school level aligned to Blueprint in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts
- Write, revise and review curriculum and related unit and/or lesson plans and resources with the understanding that all resources created need to be approved by the Office of Arts and Special Projects, and are subject to editing by the OASP
- Manage a team of teacher colleagues at elementary, middle and high school levels to ensure timely completion of curriculum and related materials such as unit or lesson plans
- Coordinate with Project Managers across disciplines to maintain consistency of process and products
November 2018 - June 2019 (Up to 60 hours total hours per position). Additional hours after school or weekends TBD
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Cover letter, Sample Project Plan/Timeline, Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before May 31, 2019.
Office of Arts and Special Projects
4360 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10033
Attention: Curriculum Writing
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: ArtsAndSpecialProjects@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.