PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 973: Social Worker (ParentCorps Family Programs) - DECE
- Posted Date: Sep 24, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Applicant should have the following: NYS licensed Social Worker
- Prior experience being trained to facilitate the NYU ParentCorps Family Programs or ability to attend NYU ParentCorps trainings during the fall.
- Experience and interest in facilitating clinical interventions with young children and families.
- Knowledge and skill in child behavior management.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with teachers to support child development and family involvement.
- Evidence of satisfactory performance ratings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated success in completing administrative responsibilities.
- Implement the ParentCorps Family Programs under the guidance of ParentCorps Academy from the NYU Langone Medical Center.
- ParentCorps is a 14-week intervention for Pre-K students and their families. The program can be held either immediately afterschool, in the early evening or during weekend hours at the school. The program aims to help children succeed by supporting families to promote important behavioral, social and emotional skills.
- Attend NYU ParentCorps facilitation training (if not previously trained)
- Facilitate the Parent Program, Friends School or Creative Arts program for children
- Prepare for each session by reading manual in advance.
- Engage parents to attend and maintain participation in the program.
- Work collaboratively with NYU faculty and staff.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision sessions led by ParentCorps Academy from the NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Complete administrative tasks and paperwork as requested.
- Subject to need and budget availability
- October to February (14 weeks)
- Estimated 3.5 hrs per week
- Approximately 49 hours for implementation
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Please submit an OP175 form (Available in schools and DHR Website), resume, and cover letter FEHiring@strongschools.nyc confirming your interest.
Please type Family Programs Per-Session in the subject header of the email. Please contact school payroll secretary for questions regarding this activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: FEHiring@strongschools.nyc
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.