PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 974: Teachers (Commencement Assessment Development in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts) - OASP/CIPL
- Posted Date: Oct 22, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Commencement Assessment Development in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts (10 positions total)
52 Chambers Street, Manhattan, 333 Seventh Avenue, Manhattan, 4360 Broadway, Manhattan
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades 6-12
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching and/or supervising high school dance, music, drama and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
- Experience with development and writing of curriculum, assessments and educational materials in the Arts
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues and professional teaching artists to develop 12th grade commencement assessment in Dance, Music, Theater, or Visual Arts.
- Write, revise and review exam items, rubrics, and procedures
- Score and evaluate completed examinations
- Enter assessment data into MS Excel
December - June: Monday – Friday, after-school hours, some weekends and vacation days to be determined; (Up to 100 total hours per position)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license to:
Office of Arts and Special Projects
4360 Broadway, Fourth Floor
New York, New York 10033
Attention: Commencement Assessment
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: ArtsAndSpecialProjects@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.