PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1331: Teachers (as Onsite Selectors for New York City Teaching Fellows) - NYCTF
- Posted Date: Sep 7, 2018 Deadline: Oct 10, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Onsite Selectors for New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF)
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers in good standing
- Graduate of NYC Teaching Fellows or experience as an Onsite Selector, Phone Interviewer, Lead Instructor, Coach, Fellow Effectiveness Manager or Training Academy Director for New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF)
- Demonstrated satisfactory service in current Department of Education position and other per session activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency as an Onsite Selector, Phone Interviewer, Lead Instructor, Coach, Fellow Effectiveness Manager, or Training Academy Director for the New York City Teaching Fellows as determined by DOE central staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion and the ability to facilitate sessions on specific techniques.
- Passionate about finding a diverse pool of high-quality and committed applicants for future Fellows programs.
- Ability to utilize a detailed selection model and rubrics to evaluate and select applicants to the NYC Teaching Fellows.
- Receptive to critical feedback based on staff observation and selection day data trends.
- Effectively adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
- Evidence of excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly on evaluations of candidates’ proficiency.
- Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
- Evidence of working successfully in teams or cooperative settings.
- Evidence of ability to reflect on feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Consistent and reliable access to email, phone, and the Internet.
- Comfort working with computers and the Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current position and other per session activities
- Complete Onsite Selector training successfully.
- Reflect on selection data throughout season to adjust practice accordingly.
- Adjust professional practice based on staff feedback and data driven outcomes.
- Consistent and reliable selection day attendance throughout season.
- Attend additional Onsite Selector meetings and trainings during the year, as necessary.
- Facilitate interview events for applicants to the NYC Teaching Fellows alternate-route teacher certification program.
- Accurately evaluate applicants exclusively using the criteria of a prescribed selection model.
- Ability to accurately answer any questions and share personal experience of the NYCTF program with incoming candidates
- Review application materials for candidates and maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each candidate.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach Like a Champion teaching techniques, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to applicants.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Facilitate interview events 3-4 times per month from December 2019 to late May or early June 2019, depending on flow of the pipeline.
- Convey a positive and professional image of the New York City Teaching Fellows program.
- Interact with central staff, selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectful manner.
- Related duties, as necessary.
Per Session rates as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- 4.5 hours for Onsite Selector training (over two days)
- 4 to 5 hours per interview event with 2-4 interview events per month (Fall 2018-Winter 2019).Please note that interview events are held on weeknights and weekends.
Complete the following application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DFJKQMF. Please note that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please Note: Hiring offer is subject to revocation if applicant does not demonstrate proficiency in the selection model and interview process at the end of Onsite Selector training, as determined by DOE central staff. Onsite Selectors will be evaluated based on proficiency in the above criteria, as determined by DOE Central Staff.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.