PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1210: Teachers (PD for New Teachers: Mentee) - OTD
- Posted Date: Jul 26, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(This Per Session Assignment Is Subject To Budget Availability)
Professional Development for New Teachers
Multiple Locations- City Wide
1st year NYCDOE licensed and appointed teachers identified for mentoring
Identified as a new teacher and assigned a mentor
- Attend sessions to learn new content and plan for productive mentoring sessions
- Meet with assigned mentor at least 2 times per week
- Plan productive mentoring sessions
- Actively collaborate with other mentor-new teacher teams
- As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed
- From August 30th 2018 to June 30th 2019. Sessions vary. Time varies from 3:30pm to 8:00pm weekly
- Up to a maximum of 20 hours per position (not guaranteed)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please email: jfenton2@Schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.