PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1330: Teachers (as Onsite Selectors for New York City Teaching Collaborative) - NYCTC
- Posted Date: Sep 7, 2018 Deadline: Oct 10, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Onsite Selectors for New York City Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC)
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teacher in good standing
- Graduate of NYC Teaching Collaborative or prior experience as a Lead Instructor or Coach for New York City Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC)
- Demonstrated satisfactory service in current Department of Education position and other per session activities
- Commitment to the NYCTC mission, and to finding and selecting a diverse and high-quality pool of candidates for NYCTC who will be able to further that mission.
- Ability to accurately answer any questions and share personal experience of the NYCTC program with incoming candidates.
- Strong familiarity and comfort with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion, and the ability to facilitate small group sessions on specific techniques to novices unfamiliar with said techniques.
- Ability to utilize a detailed selection model and rubrics to evaluate and select applicants to the NYC Teaching Collaborative program.
- Ability to seek out and respond to feedback, and adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to problem solve, reflect on data, and make difficult decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly on evaluations of candidates’ proficiency.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in small teams and with coaches.
- Comfort working with computers and the Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current position and other per session activities.
- Facilitate interview events 2-4 times per month from September until the end of December 2018 for applicants to the NYC Teaching Collaborative alternate route teacher certification program.
- Accurately evaluate applicants exclusively using the criteria of the NYCTC selection model and take detailed notes about all aspects of candidate performance during interviews.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach Like a Champion teaching techniques and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to applicants during the interview event.
- Reflect on selection data throughout season and adjust practice accordingly.
- Accurately answer any questions and share personal experience with the NYCTC program.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Attend Onsite Selector trainings in September.
- Attend and complete Onsite Selector trainings successfully.
- Consistent and reliable attendance throughout the selection season.
- Convey a positive and professional image of the NYC Teaching Collaborative program.
- Interact with central staff, selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectful manner.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Related duties, as necessary.
Per Session rates as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- 4.5 hours for Onsite Selector training (over two days)
- 4 to 5 hours per interview event with 2-4 interview events per month (Fall 2018-Winter 2019).Please note that interview events are held on weeknights and weekends.
Complete the following application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DXW5TBY. Please note that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring offer is subject to revocation if applicant does not demonstrate proficiency in the selection model and interview process at the end of Onsite Selector training, as determined by DOE Central staff. Onsite Selectors will be evaluated based on proficiency in the above criteria, as determined by DOE Central Staff
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.