PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1332: Teachers (as Onsite Selectors for New York City Pathways to PE) - P2PE/NYCTF
- Posted Date: Sep 7, 2018 Deadline: Oct 10, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Onsite Selectors for New York City Pathways to PE (P2PE)
- New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers in good standing
- Experience as an Onsite Selector for either New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) or Pathways to PE (P2PE)
- Demonstrated satisfactory service in current Department of Education position and other per session activities
- Demonstrated proficiency as an Onsite Selector for NYCTF (2017-2018) or Pathways to PE (P2PE) as determined by DOE Central staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion and ability to facilitate sessions on specific techniques.
- Ability to utilize the P2PE selection model to evaluate and select applicant.
- Ability to receive and reflect on critical feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
- Evidence of excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly on evaluations of candidates’ proficiency.
- Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
- Evidence of working successfully in teams or cooperative settings.
- Consistent and reliable access to email, phone, and the Internet.
- Comfort working with computers and the Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current position and other per session activities.
- Review and deeply understand selection criteria for Pathways to PE program to evaluate applicants accurately and exclusively using the criteria of program’s selection model.
- Review candidates’ application materials prior to interview event.
- Facilitate interview events for applicants to the NYC Pathways to PE alternate-route teacher certification program.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based interview session on Teach like a Champion teaching techniques, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to applicants.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each candidate during interview events.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Interact with central staff, selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectable manner.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Convey a positive and professional image of the NYC Pathways to PE program.
- Related duties, as necessary.
Per Session rates as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- 1-2 hours to complete review of selection materials prior each interview event
- 4 hours per interview event with 2-3 interview events in Fall 2018; interview events are held on weeknights and weekends.
Complete the following application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PZHPBVW. Please note that Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please Note: Hiring offer is subject to revocation if applicant does not demonstrate proficiency in the selection model and interview process at the conclusion of Onsite Selector training, as determined by DOE central staff. Onsite Selectors will be evaluated based on proficiency in the above criteria, as determined by DOE Central Staff.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.