PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1333: Teachers (as Onsite Phone Interviewers for New York City Teaching Collaborative) - NYCTC
- Posted Date: Sep 7, 2018 Deadline: Oct 10, 2018
65 Court Street, Brooklyn, United StatesNYCDOE
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Onsite Phone Interviewers for New York City Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC)
The Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality: NYCDOE, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
- New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher in good standing
- Graduate of NYC Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC) Cohorts 1-5 or the Fall Cohort of NYC Teaching Fellows (NYCTF), or previous experience with either the NYCTC or the Fall cohort of NYCTF as a Lead Instructor, Coach, Fellow Effectiveness Manager or Training Academy Director.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, and/or Social Studies.
- Passion and excitement for inspiring prospective applicants during the phone interview stage of the application process.
- Interest and ability to utilize a phone interview script and rubric to evaluate and select applicants to the Teaching Collaborative program.
- Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate evaluations of candidates’ proficiency.
- Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
- Evidence of ability to receive and reflect on feedback and adjust professional practice when necessary.
- Comfort working with computers and the Internet
- Demonstrated proficiency in per-session activities.
- Complete Onsite Phone Interviewer training successfully in late September.
- Review application materials for candidates prior to phone interview.
- Attend 2-4 interview events each week at 65 Court Street to phone interview applicants for the NYC Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC) alternative-route teacher certification program.
- Evaluate applicants exclusively using the criteria set by the program selection model, using phone interview script and rubric.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each candidate during and after phone interview.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding phone interviews, interview documentation, and other related administrative requirements.
- Attend Onsite Phone Interviewer meetings and trainings, as necessary.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Facilitate interview events between 2-4 times per month from September 2018 to early December 2018 for approximately 6-12 hours per month from September 2018- early December 2018.
- Arrive at interview events in a timely and consistent manner.
- Convey a positive image of the New York City Teaching Collaborative program.
- Onsite Interviewers who participate in twenty (20) or more interview events during the school year will receive a rating.
- Related duties, as necessary.
Per Session rates as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- 4 hours each for 2 days of Onsite Phone Interviewer training (Fall 2018)
- 4 hours per phone interview event with 2-4 interview events per month from Fall 2018 – Winter 2018.
- Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
- Complete online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YWKDNLH
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Collaborative Phone Interviewer”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.