PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 1335: Guidance Counselors (CTE High School Fair) - CTE
- Posted Date: Sep 7, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
Manhattan, New York United StatesNYCDOE
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Middle School Guidance Counselors
52 Chambers Street, Rm. 210
New York, NY 10001
New York State Licensed and NYCDOE Appointed NYCDOE Guidance Counselor
- Minimum 1 year of satisfactory experience in college and career counseling
- Knowledge of high school graduation requirements
- Knowledge of state and city academic policy pertaining to high schools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Under the supervision of licensed pedagogical personnel:
- Inform and recruit students in middle school to participate in CTE HS fair on October 27, 2018 at George Westinghouse High School
- Participate in CTE HS fair in Oct 27, 2018 and accompany at least 10 students to the fair on Oct 27, 2018
- Coordinate CTE promoting activities at your school
- Attend professional development sessions on various CTE -focused topics
- Chaperone students to various meetings after school and/or weekends
- Submit data as requested by the central office
- Complete related duties as needed
Per Session rates as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
October 10, 2018 – November 1, 2018 (Approximately 8 total hours)
Application form OP 175 (available in schools), copy of NYC Department of Education license and resume must be received by Oct 9,2018. Application will only be accepted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must put “OPSR CTE HS Fair 2018” in subject line
- Include the above per session vacancy circular number in the OP-175
- No faxes or mail will be accepted
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.