PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 42: Teacher (as Teacher Career Pathways (TCP) Recruitment Coordinator) - TRQ
- Posted Date: Jul 24, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(Subject to Budget Availability)
Teacher Career Pathways (TCP) Recruitment Coordinator
Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality office at 65 Court St, Brooklyn.
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed Teacher Career Pathways (TCP) Teacher Team Leader.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Teacher Team Leader for the 2017-18 SY.
- Previous experience in teacher recruitment and selection, particularly with Teacher Career Pathways (TCP).
- Ability to articulate experiences as a Teacher Career Pathways teacher leader in a compelling way.
- Effective and engaging communicator. Comfortable with public speaking. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Preferred: Multiple years of experience as a Teacher Career Pathways Teacher Team Leader
- Preferred: Ability to work up to 35 hours a week from July 27th through August 31st.
- Work closely with the Teacher Career Pathways team to reach specified recruitment goals for SY 18-19.
- Conduct email and phone outreach to target teacher and principal audiences.
- Cultivate relationships with partner schools, school leaders and teacher leaders to encourage the selection of teacher leaders within partner schools.
- Coordinate support for the establishment and ongoing work of professional learning communities with partner schools
- Prepare professional learning and materials for annual teacher leader symposium event held during the last week of August
- Various additional activities as needed.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Up to 35 hours a week from June 27 until August 31, 2018 depending on availability of the Recruitment Coordinator and needs of the program.
To apply, complete this brief online survey. Once selected, Recruitment Coordinator will be required to submit the OP 175 form.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
Please send questions about this advertisement to AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Teacher Career Pathways Recruitment Coordinator Application.”
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.