PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1336: Guidance Counselor (Home Instruction Schools) - HIS/District 75
- Posted Date: Sep 14, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Guidance Counselor – Home Instruction Schools (Up to 4 positions)
Home Instruction Schools
3450 East Tremont Avenue
Bronx, New York 10465
New York City Department of Education license as a school Guidance Counselor.
- Familiarity with Home Instruction procedures and guidelines
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in communication skills
- Guidance Counselor must have a satisfactory School Year Rating on their two most recent employee ratings.
- Contact teachers in all five boroughs for possible per session assignments. Match student needs with teacher skills
- Coordinate information concerning student programs and aid teachers in obtaining educational materials for students
- Facilitate cooperation among parents, students and teachers with school service providers
- Work with parents in obtaining updated medicals and to help expedite student’s return to school
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- School Year:9/2018 - 6/2019
- Monday – Friday, after school – (2 hours per day)
Letter of application, OP-175 (which is available in the schools and on DHR Website) and a copy of Guidance Counselor license must be received by October 9, 2018 and sent to:
Per Session Office Home Instruction Schools
3450 East Tremont Ave
Bronx, New York 10465
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, email AMelend@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.