PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1337: Teacher (Home Instruction: Various Subjects) - HIS/District 75
- Posted Date: Sep 14, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Home Instruction Teacher (Up to 1,000 positions)
Various student residences throughout New York City
NYC DOE licensed and appointed teacher of Special Education and select subject area licenses (Such as Mathematics, English, Social Studies and Science) as needed.
Selection will be made from among qualified applicants in the order listed below. When feasible, applicants will be assigned to the same type of students they currently serve.
- Teachers must have a highly effective, effective, developing, or satisfactory School Year Rating on their two most recent employee ratings.
- Appropriately licensed teachers who have demonstrated success with the population to be served.
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
Under direct supervision teachers will:
- Provide instruction for homebound children in their residences or designated sites.
- Teach all the basic elementary subjects to pupils. For junior high and senior high school students, subject matter specialists will be employed.
- Maintain accurate records, lesson plans and student portfolios that document student progress over the course of the program.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- School Year: September 2018 – June 2019
- Select weekdays - Monday – Friday, after school – (2 hours per day)
- Work schedules will be based upon student need
The application and OP-175 application for per session employment are available on the Home Instruction website: WWW.HOMEINSTRUCTIONSCHOOLS.COM by October 9, 2018
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please email AMelend@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.