PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1340: Supervisor (Home Instruction Schools) - HIS/District 75
- Posted Date: Sep 14, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisor – Home Instruction Schools (Up to 20 positions)
Home Instruction Schools
3450 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, New York 10465
Appropriately licensed New York City Department of Education administrator currently appointed as assistant principal or other supervisor serving in District 75
- Satisfactory experience supervising home instruction teachers
- Knowledge of Home Instruction program procedures
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Supervisor must have a satisfactory School Year on their two most recent employee ratings
- Supervise Per Session teachers of Home Instruction in students’ homes throughout the five boroughs
- Ensure consistent implementation of program objectives
- Supervise the maintenance of student records and act as liaison to Committees on Special Education and other agencies
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- School Year 09/2018 – 6/2019
- Monday – Friday, after school - (2 hours per day, minimum of 3 days per week)
Letter of application, OP-175 (which is available in the schools and on DHR Website) and a copy of Supervisory license must be received by October 9, 2018 and sent to:
Citywide Programs/Per Session Office Home Instruction Schools
3450 East Tremont Avenue
Bronx, New York 10465
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please email AMelend@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.