PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1341: Paraprofessionals (to assist in the administration of the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) - Staten Island Technical High School/SHSAT
- Posted Date: Sep 20, 2018 Deadline: Oct 12, 2018
485 Clawson Street, Staten Island, New York United StatesStaten Island Technical High School
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Paraprofessional (Many) to assist in the administering of the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT)
Staten Island Technical High School 485 Clawson Street, Staten Island, N.Y. 10306
NYC Department of Education Paraprofessional (Preference given to SITHS Paraprofessionals)
- Satisfactory rating of performance for past three years.
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality record.
- Excellent clerical skills.
- Ability to work well with small groups of students.
- Excellent record (if any) of timely submission of per-session timesheets.
- Ability to follow and adhere to test security and accountability.
- Has no immediate relative taking the SHSAT in question.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise directions to students.
- Must fulfill commitment made to the number of hours needed for the duration of the exam.
- Ability to work with teacher to organize and manage classroom testing materials.
- Ability to follow procedures of the Specialized High School Exam.
- Ability to actively monitor students in an exam environment.
- Ability to accurately collect and alphabetize testing materials.
- Assist with the seating and dismissal of students.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- Schedule will vary depending on number and special needs of students being tested on a particular day
- Single Session day beginning at 7:30 and run until approximately 2:00 pm
- November 3, 2018
Submit letter of application (which are available in room 319), copy of license and an OP175 to:
Mr. Robert Andrews, APO, Room 135
Staten Island Technical High School
485 Clawson Street, Staten Island NY 10306
OR email RElfassybartsch@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail RElfassybartsch@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.