PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1352: Teachers (as CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball Officials) - CHAMPS/OSWP
- Posted Date: Sep 26, 2018 Deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball Official (approximately 10 positions)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports (CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Prior experience with the CHAMPS Volleyball Showcases as an official/referee
- Demonstrated knowledge of Volleyball rules and regulations, procedures of the CHAMPS Volleyball program
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Officiate in the CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball showcases
- Ensure clear communication with CHAMPS Volleyball Coordinator and event support staff
- Assist in event logistics including the set-up of the court, keep score of the games, monitor and assist in the transition of teams
- Provide support to the CHAMPS Volleyball Coordinator as needed
- October 10, 2018 – March 15, 2019 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours (maximum of 400 hours)
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: Applicants must submit the following documents by December 1, 2018 to:
Attn: CHAMPS Developmental Volleyball Official – Vacancy # 1352
1230 Zerega Avenue – CHAMPS Room 57
Bronx, NY 10462
OR Email to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov, Subject: Developmental Volleyball Official – Vacancy # 1352
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.