PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1353: Teachers (CHAMPS Fall 2018 Flag Football Official) - CHAMPS/OSWP
- Posted Date: Sep 26, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
CHAMPS Fall 2018 Flag Football Official (approximately 30 positions)
Randall’s Island and various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports (CYS) certification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Flag Football rules and regulations, procedures of the CHAMPS Flag Football program
- Prior experience with the CHAMPS Flag Football Showcases as an official/referee/umpire
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Act as an official/referee/umpire in the CHAMPS Flag Football showcases
- Ensure clear communication with CHAMPS Flag Football Coordinator and event support staff
- Assist in event logistics including the set-up of the playing field with cones and markers, keep score of the games, monitor and assist in the transition of teams from field to field
- Provide support to the CHAMPS Flag Football Coordinator as needed
- October 10, 2018 – December 21, 2018 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours (maximum of 400 hours)
- Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Applicants must submit the following documents by October 9, 2018 to:
CHAMPS Fall 2018 Flag Football Officials – Vacancy # 1353
1230 Zerega Avenue – CHAMPS Room 57, Bronx, NY 10462
OR Email to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov, Subject: Fall 2018 Flag Football Official – Vacancy # 1353
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CYS certification from the CDC
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.