PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1366: Social Worker (as Office of Equity and Access (OEA) Expanded Success Initiative Social Worker) - OEA/ESI
- Posted Date: Sep 25, 2018 Deadline: Oct 19, 2018
131 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, New York United StatesOEA/ESI, Room 303
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Office of Equity and Access (OEA) Expanded Success Initiative Social Worker
Expanded Success Initiative
131 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
NYCDOE licensed and appointed Social Worker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of state and city academic policy as it pertains to high schools
- Knowledge of high school graduation requirements
- Minimum 1 year of satisfactory experience developing and implementing curriculum
- Preference will be given to administrators from schools participating in the Expanded Success Initiative programming
Under the supervision of licensed personnel:
- Participate in implicit bias training
- Facilitate school based equity CREATES team meetings
- Co-produce shared curricula; test and pilot units
- Learn about CRE in planning and practice
- Participate in mentorship and leadership development training
- Facilitate mentoring groups
- Participate in Restorative Practices Training
- Facilitate Restorative Circles
October 2018 - June 2019 (Approximately 75 hours depending upon funding availability)
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Application form OP-175 (available in schools), copy of NYC Department of Education license and resume must be received by October 19, 2018. Applications will only be accepted via email to: email@example.com.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.