PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1368: Teacher (of English as a Second Language: ESL) - FACE/FEI
- Posted Date: Sep 28, 2018 Deadline: Oct 16, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher(s) of English as a Second Language (ESL) (12-15 positions)
Onsite at various NYCDOE Family English Initiative sites
A current New York City Department of Education teaching license. ESOL and/ or Common Branch with bilingual Extension (State certified).
- Satisfactory Rating
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Elementary school teaching experience and knowledge of technology integration in language instruction
- Bilingual preferred
- Preference given to teachers who have participated in the Family English Initiative
- Must attend mandatory professional development and training sessions
- Plan and provide engaging and highly interactive instruction for K-2 students. Customize instructional materials as appropriate. Manage the classroom and activities effectively to maximize student learning. Work collaboratively with program team to provide a high quality experience for families.
- Co-teach interactive bilingual family literacy workshops (parents & students)
- Participate in collaborative planning sessions.
- Lead field trips and plan related activities that connect to learning objectives.
- Prepare, maintain and submit records of classroom attendance and student performance.
- Communicate with program/site coordinator regarding site and student concerns.
- Saturdays: September-June (Approximately 20 sessions and 2-4 full training days)
- Staff training dates TBD ( September & January)
- Program locations contingent on funding and enrollment.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
To apply visit the 2018-2019 Per Session page, upload the 2018-2019 Per Session OP-175 application, a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your Department of Education license to email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.