PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1369: Teachers (of Adult English as a Second Language: ESL) - FACE/FEI
- Posted Date: Sep 28, 2018 Deadline: Oct 16, 2018
Queens - South Bronx - Staten Island
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher(s) of Adult English as a Second Language (6-10 positions)
South Bronx, Queens and/or Staten Island
A current New York City Department of Education teaching license and ESL or TESOL certification
- Satisfactory Rating
- Experience teaching English Language Learners required
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Interest in working with K-2 students and adult learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Preference given to applicants with prior experience working with the Family English Initiative
- Must attend mandatory professional development and training sessions
- Plan and provide engaging and highly interactive instruction in Adult ESL. Customize instructional materials as appropriate. Manage the classroom and activities effectively to maximize student learning.
- Co-teach family literacy sessions
- Develop fun and interactive lesson plans that are based on relevant, real-world situations
- Incorporation of technology and station activities
- Facilitate conversation and language development
- Prepare, maintain and submit records of classroom attendance and student performance.
- Assist each student in meeting personal language goals
- Participate in collaborative planning sessions; provide ongoing feedback to support program development
- Lead field trips and plan related activities that connect to learning objectives
- Communicate with program director/site coordinator regarding site and student concerns.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and program goals
- Saturdays: September-June (Approximately 20 sessions and 2-4 full training days)
- Staff training dates TBD ( September & January)
- Program locations contingent on funding and enrollment.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
To apply visit http://bit.ly/FEISY2018-19PerSession upload the 2018-2019 Per Session OP-175 application, a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your Department of Education license to email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.