PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1379: Assistant Principals (Mentor Assistant Principal: Office of Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program 2018-19) - OOL
- Posted Date: Sep 27, 2018 Deadline: Oct 9, 2018
45-18 Court Square 2nd Floor, Long Island City , New York United StatesOffice of Leadership
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Mentor Assistant Principal: Office of Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program 2018-19
45-18 Court Sq. 2nd Floor,
Long Island City, New York 11101
Completion of an Office of Leadership Program (APLI, LEAP, TLP, Wallace Fellows, etc.) and be a sitting assistant principal in good standing with three or more years of experience in the role.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Be a sitting assistant principal in good standing with three or more years of experience in the role, and a graduate of an Office of Leadership program
- Eligible assistant principals can apply online by October 9.
- Applications will be reviewed for content and to see whether there is an appropriate match with eligible mentee assistant principals that have applied.
- Satisfactory record as informed by supervisor and Office of Leadership staff.
- Nurture the growth and development of new assistant principals
- Learn techniques to develop collaborative professional learning goals with mentees
- Share insight on how to navigate the assistant principal role and clarity on advancing professional development goals.
- Further develop mentoring and leadership skills and discover opportunities for partnership and collaboration with mentee assistant principals
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching, and know when to employ each strategy
- Practice and strengthen listening skills
- Build awareness of racial equity, and capacity to tackle issues across lines of difference
Mentor sessions will be held October 11, December 5, January 31, March 21, and May 23, each for two hours after school.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
A special invitation to complete the online application was sent to eligible mentor assistant principals.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.