PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1380: Supervisors (to support College Preparation Course (CPC) review) - CIPL/CPCC
- Posted Date: Sep 28, 2018 Deadline: Apr 29, 2019
52 Chambers Street, New York, New York United StatesManhattan
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Approximately 10 Supervisors to support College Preparation Course (CPC) review
52 Chambers Street NY, NY 10017
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed supervisors or education administrators
- Be rated Satisfactory, Highly Effective, Effective, or Developing; applicants with an Unsatisfactory or Ineffective rating in either of the 2017-18 or 2016-17 school years, or those who have received an Unsatisfactory rating for a per session activity are not eligible for this activity.
- Possess one of the following preferred licenses for secondary grades 7-12: English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth Science.
- Experience writing and reviewing high school curriculum.
- Previous experience teaching courses at the college level, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or similar courses.
CPC Supervisors are responsible for reviewing course syllabi submitted by schools for CPCCI credit. Duties may include:
- Attending a mandatory training to be scheduled shortly before the start of scoring the date and time of the training session will be communicated to successful applicants.
- Reviewing and evaluating course syllabi and student work artifacts using a rubric.
- Write actionable feedback on materials submitted for review.
- Document and collate feedback and evaluation results in Microsoft Excel or similar a program.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues and program staff.
- Develop and submit required materials within expected deadlines.
Approximately 20 hours to be scheduled starting December 1, 2018 through May 15, 2019. Note that dates and hours are estimated, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
All applications must be emailed to email@example.com
Please include the above circular number in the subject line. Applications must include the OP-175 form, cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYCDOE email.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.