PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1381: Supervisors (for Advanced Placement for All Exam Student Study Sessions) - AP for All/SSS
- Posted Date: Oct 2, 2018 Deadline: Oct 12, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Site Supervisors for Advanced Placement for All Exam Student Study Sessions 2018-2019 school year
Bayard Rustin Educational Complex: 351 W 18th Street, New York NY 10011
Mott Haven Educational Complex: 730 Concourse Village West, Bronx, NY 10451
Prospect Heights Educational Complex: 883 Classon Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225
- Applicant must have a current NYS School Building Leader (SBL) Certification; we will not accept internship certificates
- Applicant must have a Satisfactory rating for the past year.
- Applicant must have a record of on time arrival and excellent daily attendance.
Preference will be given to applicants who are AP for All CAS and can evidence:
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Content expertise and curriculum development
- Knowledge of current instruction practices aligned to the Danielson Framework
- Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core and Advanced Placement standards alignment
- Demonstrate knowledge of accommodating individual learning differences
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Skilled facilitator
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Support the AP for All Initiative at Saturday Study Sessions (SSS) by conducting classroom walkthroughs and collecting low-inference observations aligned to the Danielson Framework
- Submit timely reports to the Executive Directors of Advanced Academic Access and their leadership team that includes the Senior Directors of Instruction and the Senior Director of Project Management
- Ensure that programmatic components including timely student registration, distribution of MetroCards, and activities aligned the NYCDOE Extended Use Permit are being followed
All work is to be done after your regularly scheduled day as outlined by your principal and should not interfere any professional obligations the principal of your school requires. This includes, but is not limited to: regularly scheduled professional development meetings, parent engagement meetings, and any other UFT contractual obligations.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send cover letter, Form OP-175 (available in schools and on DHR Website), and resume via E-mail to APforAll@schools.nyc.gov by October 12, 2018. Applications will reviewed on a rolling basis. Must put “AP Content Area Specialist SSS Support” in the subject line. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail APforAll@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.