PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1383: Teachers (as Onsite Selection Day Coaches for NYC Teaching Collaborative) - NYCTC
- Posted Date: Sep 27, 2018 Deadline: Oct 16, 2018
Citywide, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Onsite Selection Day Coaches for NYC Teaching Collaborative (NYCTC)
Various locations across the City
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers with experience as Selection Day Coaches for the New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF)
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Commitment to the NYCTC mission, and to finding and selecting a diverse and high-quality pool of candidates for NYCTC who will be able to further that mission.
- Ability to provide detailed feedback.
- Ability to facilitatetraining and meetings.
- Ability to answer accurately any questions about the NYCTC program with incoming candidates.
- Strong familiarity and comfort with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion, and ability to support the facilitation of small group sessions on specific techniques to novices unfamiliar with said techniques.
- Ability to utilize a detailed selection model and rubrics to evaluate and select applicants to the NYCTC program.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to problem solve, reflect on data, and make difficult decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly onevaluations of candidates’ and Onsite Selectors’ proficiency.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Previous NYCTF Selection Day Coach experience within the 2017-18 school year
- Complete Selection Day Coach training successfully.
- Facilitate Onsite Selector trainings in late October 2018.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach like a Champion teaching techniques.
- Coach and observe Onsite Selectors at 2-4 interview events per month from October 2018 untilDecember 2018.
- Accurately evaluate Onsite Selectors, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to Onsite Selectors during and after the interview event.
- Reflect on selection data throughout season and share data with Onsite Selectors.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Attend and help facilitate additional Selection Day Coach meetings and trainings during the year, as necessary.
- Interact with DOE Central staff, Selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectful manner.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Related duties, as necessary.
- Four (4) hours of preparatory work with NYCTC staff prior to training
- Four and a half (4.5) hours each day for Onsite Selector training (for two days) in October 2018
- Two (2) to four (4) hours per Interview event for 2-4 Interview events a month from October 2018 to December 2018, providing coaching to Selectors during interview events. Interview events are held on weeknights and weekends.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Complete the following application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BLZFBCD.
Please note that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Hiring offer is subject to revocation if applicant does not demonstrate proficiency in the selection model and interview process at the end of Onsite Selector training, as determined by DOE Central staff. Onsite Selectors will be evaluated based on proficiency in the above criteria, as determined by DOE Central Staff.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.