PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 1408: Teachers or Administrators (Advanced Placement courses in English Foreign Language History Mathematics and Science) - AP for All
- Posted Date: Oct 2, 2018 Deadline: May 12, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers or administrators with experience in teaching Advanced Placement courses in English, Foreign Language, History, Mathematics, and Science (up to 50 hours per participant).
Central Location TBD by AP for All
- Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed teacher and have a minimum of two years of experience teaching an Advanced Placement course.
- Applicant must currently work in a New York City High School.
- Applicant must have an Effective or Highly Effective rating for the past three years.
- Applicant must have a record of on time arrival and excellent daily attendance.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Consistent evidence of students scoring 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement exam
- Content expertise and curriculum development
- Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core and Advanced Placement standards alignment
- Demonstrate knowledge of accommodating individual learning differences
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Skilled facilitator
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Develop curriculum documents for Advanced Placement courses that demonstrate vertical alignment to prerequisite courses
- Develop model lesson plans and corresponding materials, pacing guides, and assessments
- Present model lessons to Pre-AP and new AP for All teachers, and students
- Some travel to schools during the summer session to present model lessons
- Willing to be observed and aid in the development of Danielson Rubric aligned for their subject area
- Willing to be photographed and/or videotaped for instructional purposes
- Possible follow-up sessions throughout the school year to refine and update some of the material, as needed
Currently scheduled for 11/3/2018, 12/15/2018, 3/9/2019, 5/18/2019, subject to change as needed. Some additional after school or Saturday sessions may be offered depending on the needs of each subject area. The Saturday sessions are 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, with a one-hour break for lunch.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter, Form OP-175 (available in schools and on DHR Website), and resume via E-mail to APforAll@schools.nyc.gov by May 12, 2019. Must put “AP Teacher Summer Learning Community” in the subject line. NO FAXES OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail APforAll@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.