PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 496: Education Administrators (as Reading Recovery Central Site Coordinators) - CIPL
- Posted Date: Sep 28, 2018 Deadline: Oct 30, 2018
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
SUPERVISOR, READING RECOVERY® CENTRAL SITE COORDINATOR (Approximately 2 positions)
Various locations Citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education Administrator
- Masters degree in education
- Certification as a school/district level administrator in New York State
- Three years of successful teaching experience
- Three years of successful experience as an administrator
- Recent experience as a RR Site Coordinator
- Strong understanding of the RR program
- Ability to communicate and work with central staff, district and school administrators, teachers, and parents
- Demonstrate evidence of flexibility and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate
Reading Recovery experience as a Reading Recovery Teacher and Teacher Leader
- Serve approximately 20 days per year in a per-session capacity under the supervision of central NYCDOE staff
- work collaboratively with the RR teacher leaders
- prepare the RR budget and arrange for collection and disbursement of monies related to the operation of the RR site
- provide general administrative support for the teacher leaders associated with implementing RR at the training site
- assist with the recruitment of new RR teachers to be trained
- work with district and building administrators to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, training and implementation requirements
- Serve as the contact person between the training site and participating districts and universities
- Assist the teacher leader in the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of student progress data
- Provide information to people wanting to know about RR, including speaking to groups and responding to telephone and written inquiries; disseminate information about RR
- Visit RR schools to support administrators with successful implementation of RR
- Provide all needed data to central office
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability from November 2018 to June 29, 2019. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 31, 2018 to: JCurry2@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Reading Recovery Coordinator” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail JCurry2@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.