PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 956: Paraprofessional (Borough Arts Festival Team) - OASP/CIPL
- Posted Date: Oct 16, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Paraprofessional - Borough Arts Festival Team (up to 3 per borough)
Sites in Five Boroughs
New York City Department of Education licensed paraprofessional
- Minimum 3 years of satisfactory experience as a paraprofessional with the NYCDOE.
- New York City Department of Education licensed Paraprofessional, currently assigned to support students with special needs
- Demonstrated experience of assisting students with special needs to access and to meaningfully participate in the arts; dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to assist teachers in guiding students with special needs during trips and activities inside the school setting and outside in the community.
- Knowledge and experience supporting specific students with disabilities performing in the Borough Arts Festival is preferred.
- Participate in trainings and meetings related to process and development of Borough Arts Festival student events.
- Work collaboratively with Borough Arts Director and Borough Arts Coordinator, teacher, and paraprofessional colleagues on a team.
- Perform assigned duties as member of the Borough Arts Festival team, including but not limited to assisting students with special needs and ensuring successful outcomes of Borough Arts Festivals
- Coordinate with Borough Arts Directors and Coordinators to execute plans for festival activities.
February 2019 - June 2019
Dates TBD based on borough and festival (Up to 10 hours total hours per position)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before May 31, 2019. Mail to:
Petrides Bldg. A Room 224
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, New York 10309
Attention: BOROUGH ARTS FESTIVAL
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Maria Palma at MPalma@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.