PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 957: Teachers (Member - Borough Arts Festival Teacher Team in Dance Music Theater or Visual Arts) - OASP/CIPL
- Posted Date: Oct 16, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Member - Borough Arts Festival Teacher Team in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts (up to 20 per borough)
Sites in Five Boroughs
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, and/or visual arts, Grades K-12
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching dance, music, theater and/or visual art programs with the NYCDOE
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts, grades K-12, currently assigned to teach dance, music, theater, or visual arts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts
- Demonstrated Experience in looking at student work in the arts; curating and installing student artwork and/or managing production of student performances
- Demonstrated ability to participate in adjudicating student artwork and performances
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in training/meetings related to adjudication process and development
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues on a team
- Adjudicate submissions of student artwork and student performances for participation in Borough Arts Festival
- Perform assigned duties as member of Borough Arts Festival team to ensure successful outcomes of Borough Arts Festival art exhibit and performances
- Coordinate with Borough Arts Directors and Project Coordinators to execute plans for adjudication and Festival activities.
December 2018- June 2019
Dates TBD (Up to 10 hours total hours per position)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before May 31, 2019. Mail to:
Petrides Bldg. A Room 224
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, New York 10309
Attention: BOROUGH ARTS FESTIVAL
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Maria Palma at MPalma@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.