PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR NOTICE # 958: Teacher (High School Film Festival Committee Member and Adjudicator) - OASP/CIPL
- Posted Date: Oct 16, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
High School Film Festival Committee Member and Adjudicator (up to 5 positions total)
Sites TBD in partnership with OASP and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, city-wide
New York City Department of Education teacher, Grades K-12, with experience teaching film/media arts
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience teaching film/media arts with the NYCDOE.
- New York City Department of Education licensed teacher, grades K-12, currently assigned to teach film/media arts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts.
- Demonstrated experience in looking at student work in the arts, and/or managing production of student film showings.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in adjudicating student artwork and performances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in training/meetings related to adjudication process and development.
- Work collaboratively with teacher colleagues on a team in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
- Adjudicate submissions of student films for participation in High School Film Festival.
- Perform assigned duties as member of High School Film Festival team to ensure successful outcomes of event.
- Coordinate with Program Managers & Coordinators, Arts Directors, Executive Director and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment to execute plans for adjudication and Festival activities.
December 2018 - June 2019
Dates TBD (Up to 40 hours total hours per position)
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate
Cover letter, Resume, Application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received on or before May 31, 2019. Mail to:
NYC DOE Office of Arts and Special Projects
52 Chambers Street, Room 113
New York, New York 10007
Attention: High School Film Festival
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Paul King at PKing5@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.