PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 0005: Supervisor - Supervisor-Curriculum Writer (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Jun 23, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisor – Curriculum Writer
One (1) position
Justice Resource Center
122 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, New York 10023
Possession of a New York City Department of Education Supervisor license as a Senior Pupil Personnel Supportive Services
Career/Technical Education – Instruction specialist
- Knowledge of the delivery of instruction using the US Constitution.
- Must have knowledge of Law -related education methodology.
- Must have experience with developing law-related education curriculum.
- Must have supervisory experience overseeing curriculum developers.
- Must have experience in developing curriculum aligned to common core.
- Must have experience aligning literacy into curriculum. Must have expertise on the judicial system.
- Must have experience with law enforcement curriculum.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Responsible for supervision of curriculum development sessions after school hours, including Saturdays;
- Must edit all materials and disseminate to schools before the opening of the school year.
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
October 5, 2019 through June, 2020, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on selected days: Monday through Friday and selected Saturdays. Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 60 hours. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Forward cover letter of application, Form OP-175 (Available in all Schools), a resume and a copy of your New York City Department of
Education license by: October 1, 2019
The New York City Department of Education
Office of Career and Technical Education
52 Chambers Street –
New York, New York 10007
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION.
Note: Please note that all per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at
http://schools.nyc.gov/Careers/Schools/default.htm under "Per Session Opportunities”
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.