PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 0007: Supervisor - Supervisor-New York State Mock Trail Tournament (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Jun 23, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisor - New York State Mock Trial Tournament
One (1) position
New York State Courthouse
60 Centre Street
New York, New York 10007
Queens Civil Court
125-01 Queens Boulevard
Kew Gardens, New York 11415
Brooklyn Federal Courthouse
225 Cadman Plaza
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Possession of a New York City Department of Education Supervisor license as a Senior Pupil Personnel Supportive Services Career/Technical Education – Instruction specialist
- Knowledge of courtroom procedures; ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to facilitate group activities;
- Experience in working with high school students in a non-school setting;
- Ability to perform under the pressure;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in after-school programs.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Responsible for supervision of court monitors (teachers).
- Must remain at the courthouse until tournament activities are completed (aprox.9:30-10:00PM).
- Monitor all matches to ensure that tournament rules are observed.
- Notify tournament moderators promptly in the event of last minute changes.
- Be responsible for proper courthouse decorum on the part of all contestants and for the condition of courtrooms at the conclusion of matches.
- Monitor judges in the competition.
- Act as the liaison between court officials and the moderators.
- Collect, Review and document scores.
- Must assist with recruitment of judges for the tournament.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
October 5, 2019 through June 25, 2020- 4:30PM to 9:30PM on selected days, Monday through Friday. Hours Up to, but not limited to approximately 200 hours: ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Forward cover letter of application, Form OP-175 (Available in all Schools), a resume and a copy of your New York City Department of
Education license by: October 3, 2019 to: CTEinfo@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION.
Note: Please note that all per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at
http://schools.nyc.gov/Careers/Schools/default.htm under "Per Session Opportunities”
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.