PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 0009: Teacher - Teacher-International Moot Court Program (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Jun 23, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher– International Moot Court program
Two (2) positions
122 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, New York 10023
Possession of a New York City Department of Education-permanent Social Studies license
- Must be part of the law cluster/JRC program
- Knowledge of the delivery of instruction using law-related education methodology,
- must have experience with developing Moot Court curriculum, implementing project based programs; working with the legal community, experience writing grants, experience with student international moot courts or mock trials organizing.
- Experience with international student travel.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to all legal requirements as stated in the Chancellors regulations regarding international trips.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Responsible for assisting the director with sessions for students with lawyers.
- Must work with various NYCDOE offices to facilitate the necessary paperwork as stated in the Chancellors regulations
- Must help write grants to supplement student travel, attend all national (usually on weekends) and international meetings;
- Develop NYC partnerships to support program objectives;
- Must write articles for various journals and newsletters.
- Must be willing to chaperone students in January 2018.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
November 1, 2019 through March, 2020 -5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on selected days, Monday through Friday and selected Saturdays. Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 60 hours. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 10, 2019 to JRCinfo@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: JRCinfo@schools.nyc.gov
Note: Please note that all per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at
http://schools.nyc.gov/Careers/Schools/default.htm under "Per Session Opportunities”
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.