PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 0010: Teacher - Teacher-Moderator for New York State Mock Trial Tournament (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Jun 23, 2019 Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
3 Positions - Moderator for New York State Mock Trial Tournament
New York State Courthouse
60 Centre Street
New York, New York 10007
Queens Civil Court
125-01 Queens Boulevard
Kew Gardens, New York 11415
Brooklyn Federal Courthouse
225 Cadman Plaza
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Possession of a New York City Department of Education Teaching License; High School Social Studies
- Demonstrated knowledge of courtroom procedures; good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to facilitate group activities;
- Ability to work with high school students in a non-school setting;
- Ability to work in a highly competitive setting; previous experience with Mock Trial Competitions.
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Work under the direction of the Region 5 New York State Mock Trial Tournament moderator.
- Act as the liaison between court officials and the regional moderators.
- Direct contestants into designated courtrooms and provide direct supervision of students for the duration of the event (approx. until 9:30 PM).
- Monitor program activities; facilitate proper student decorum; collect, review and forward score sheets to the tournament moderator.
- Must assist the moderators with the recruitment of judges for the tournament.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
Selected days Monday through Friday, approximately 4:30pm to 9:30 PM. January 6, 2020 through June 2020. Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 55 to 100 hours per site. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by December 1, 2019 to: JRCinfo@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: JRCinfo@schools.nyc.gov
Note: Please note that all per session vacancy circulars will be posted on the Division of Human Resources web site at
http://schools.nyc.gov/Careers/Schools/default.htm under "Per Session Opportunities”
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.