PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 0148: School Aide - TASC Test Proctor-School Aide (OACE)
- Posted Date: Jul 12, 2019 Deadline: Oct 3, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TASC Test Proctor - SCHOOL AIDE (Approx. 5 positions)
Various sites throughout the five boroughs
Currently employed as a School Aide in the NYC Department of Education
• Satisfactory rating
• Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrated ability to work with school-based staff, students and parents
• Preference may be given to current DOE staff previously trained to proctor the TASC test
• Preference will be given to staff who are bilingual, Spanish/English
• Staff CANNOT be involved in supporting instruction in classes leading up to the High School Equivalency.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must attend mandatory PD prior to commencement of position
• Follow all written and oral directions provided by the TASC TEST Coordinator/Examiner
• Organize, distribute and collect all test materials as directed by the TASC Examiner
• Support the TASC check-in process
• Actively proctoring by circulating test room
• Respond to examinee inquiries for information
• Work with TASC Examiner to have the information/materials to proctor exams in a timely/efficient manner.
• Maintain test security to ensure confidentiality, integrity of test materials, and test procedures
• Maintain a professional and pleasant atmosphere to create an environment for optimal test performance for all examinees.
• May assume other duties as assigned by the TASC Examiner/Coordinator
September 9, 2019 – June 24, 2020 3:30PM-7:30 PM or 2 days Saturday 9:00am -3:00pm or (as needed based on volume of testing applicants)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/dpphiring
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Kesha Harris: KHarris6@schools.nyc.gov
Adult and Continuing Education
475 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11216
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.