PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1: Teacher - CR-SE Fellowship (Teaching and Learning Operations)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Oct 15, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers: CR-SE Fellowship
(All Content Areas and Licenses: up to 60 positions and up to 10 days per participant) All Five Boroughs contingent on availability (exact locations TBD)
To be determined
• NYCDOE licensed and appointed Teachers with at least three years of teaching experience.
• Applicants must have an Highly Effective, Effective, Developing or Satisfactory rating for past three years.
• Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on their experience and the quality of what they submit/complete for each:
• Submit an OP-175 and a cover letter that details experience implementing culturally responsive and sustaining education, adapting instruction and curriculum and training with culturally responsive-sustaining education lens and implicit bias training;
• Participate in an interview;
• Complete a review of an instructional practice video and/or submit artifacts that demonstrate ability to identify culturally responsive and sustaining practice.
• Applicants who have attended the Office of Equity and Access’ implicit bias training preferred.
• Teacher teams or pairs from the same schools preferred.
• Draft, review, and adapt Next Generation Learning Standards aligned instructional materials with a Culturally Responsive Sustaining Educational lens
• Build knowledge of CR-SE pedagogy and embed CR-SE practices in approaches to curricula, instruction and assessment.
• Engage in collaborative lesson planning and feedback
• Conduct and host intervisitations to review and give feedback on CR-SE instructional practice
• Review additional materials for standards alignment, as needed
• Conduct front-of-room and table facilitation at workshops
• Collaboratively plan professional development
• Attend all days of the Fellowship Program throughout the 2019-2020 school year
• Perform additional duties related to supporting CR-SE practice with your school, with your teacher peers and analyzing and revising instructional lessons and materials including writing, editing, reviewing materials, presenting work to the group, planning for sharing resources in schools
• Attend all sessions of the CR-SE Fellowship Program, including 3 in-service training days, throughout the school year
• Required: 54 hours of PD. Six afterschool sessions (4pm-7pm) over the course of the school year plus 18 hours (across 3 days) during Midwinter and 18 hours (across 3 days) during Spring break.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter OP-175 application and resume by October 15, 2019 via E‐mail to: CRSE@SCHOOLS.NYC.GOV
Must put “Teacher: CR-SE Fellowship” in the subject line
Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES or MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions about this activity, please e-mail CRSE@SCHOOLS.NYC.GOV
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.