PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1002: Secretary: Payroll (Assessment Programs Per Session Payroll Entry) - OA
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Assessment Programs Per Session Payroll Entry
Approximately 10 positions
44-36 Vernon Boulevard, Long Island City, NY
Licensed NYCDOE Payroll Secretary
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Currently working or retired from the NYCDOE as a licensed DOE payroll secretary
- Well versed with Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 and NYDOE Per Session timekeeping
- Trained and authorized to enter payroll.
- Available to work weekdays and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) beginning July/2019
- Prior work experience at G&T, SHSAT weekend test sites
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, for staff attendance and appointment scheduling/rescheduling
- Record of satisfactory work performance
- Letter of recommendation from current or recent supervisor, which includes demonstrated ability to work well with families and young children
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform office tasks, including scanning, photocopying and emailing
- Work under the direct supervision of the OA Budget Manager and respective Program Manager
- Demonstrate capacity to relate with respectful, effective communication, and interpersonal skills with all students, parents, staff, education partners.
- Collect and review timesheets for per session employees working in assessment activities and enter per session payroll in the T Bank Per Session Payroll system.
- Perform payroll, attendance, purchasing and supply duties using DOE systems and Microsoft applications
Various dates and times, weekdays and weekends, beginning July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 80 HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 31, 2019 to: Office of Assessment, 44-36 Vernon Boulevard, Long Island City, New York or via email to: GTsupport@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail GTsupport@schools.nyc.gov
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.