PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1006: Supervisor (Office of Teacher Development Professional Learning Facilitators ) - OTD
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Nov 9, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Office of Teacher Development Professional Learning Facilitators (Approximately 10 positions)
New York City Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- New York City Department of Education Elementary/Intermediate/High School license and appointed – Supervisors (all content areas)
- Satisfactory service in a supervisory position , as indicated by annual ratings of S or E/HE for four (4) or more years
- Knowledge of the Chancellor’s Regulations.
- Knowledge of NYS Learning Standards, effective pedagogical practice as described in the Danielson Framework for Teaching, and Culturally Responsive Teaching.
- Experience facilitating professional learning sessions for teachers, coaches, and/or school leaders.
- Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Support implementation of Office of Teacher Development priorities by facilitating professional development on topics related to teacher development to teachers, administrators, school support staff, and central DOE employees
- Attend all preparation sessions for all facilitation opportunities, as assigned.
- An average of approximately 1 hour per week. Hours must not exceed 35 hours per week.
- Number of hours will vary, as facilitation will occur on an as-needed basis.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by November 9, 2019 to: OTEPS@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail StipulationPS@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.