PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1012: Teacher (Supervisor-Reviewer of In-Service Courses) - ASPDP
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers to Review In-Service Courses (ASPDP in the Office of Teacher Development)
Varies: Citywide and/or 65 Court Street to monitor online courses; depending on need.
- New York City Department of Education Elementary/Intermediate/High School licensed and appointed – Teachers (all content areas)
- Has received annual performance ratings of Effective or Highly Effective for the past 4 years
- Preference will be given to applicants who have attended Beyond Diversity, Critically Conscious Educators Rising series, ASPDP Critically Conscious Reviewer Training or related training
Priority will be given to classroom teachers and teacher leaders with experience using scoring rubrics to provide feedback on performance assessments (either student-related or teacher-related assessments). In addition, preference will be given to teachers with the following experience:
• Foundational knowledge of critical consciousness
• Experience in writing exemplary classroom observations in a variety of content areas using evaluation rubrics.
• Ability to evaluate online courses.
• Fluency in NYS, NYC, Common Core and Next Generation Standards, and the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
• Experience in conducting and supervising professional development activities.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to return high-quality type-written observations in a timely manner.
• Accessibility to course locations.
• Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Conduct site visits to observe and evaluate in-service P-credit courses for the After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
- Audit online in-service courses to evaluate the quality of the instructional program.
- Prepare and submit observation reports using the required ASPDP template.
- Complete and submit program documentation including typing evaluative reports.
- Evaluate P-credit course proposals using ASPDP rubric to determine strong course proposals.
- E-mail reports to the Instructional Specialist immediately following each course observation.
- Evaluate and streamline additional reviewer feedback on P-credit course proposals as needed.
- Provide supervision and technical support to staff related to program preparation, implementation and evaluation.
- Attend all ASPDP In-Service orientation, staff meetings, and course review professional learning sessions
- June 30, 2019 – June 30, 2020, not to exceed 35 hours per week including training and course review, which should be completed after official work hours and/or over weekends as appropriate.
- As shown above, please note that course review takes place during three cycles.Successful applicants with satisfactory performance may be invited to return as course reviewers for subsequent cycles.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please e‐mail OP‐175 application, cover letter and resume to ASPDPPerSession@schools.nyc.gov, including the circular number in your subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e‐mail ASPDPPerSession@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.