PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 119: Teachers (Early Childhood Teachers to serve as G&T Test Administrators) - G&T
- Posted Date: Sep 25, 2019 Deadline: Oct 25, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Early Childhood Teachers to serve as G&T Test Administrators
Various elementary schools throughout the City. See a list of Gifted and Talented testing locations in each borough.
New York City Department of Education appointed and licensed teachers. Preference given to Early Childhood, Common Branches or Special Education appointed and licensed teachers.
- Full-time elementary school classroom teacher in grades pre-k to Second Grade
- Three (3) years of classroom teaching experience within the last five (5) school years
- 1-5 years of DOE centralized G&T test administration experience
- Ratings in the last 3 consecutive school years must be Satisfactory, or Developing, Effective or Highly Effective with a preference for Effective or Highly Effective
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality in the last 3 school years
- Available to work three consecutive weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) in January 2020
- After Retention Holders, preference will be given to candidates who receive a recommendation from their current Supervisor.(If you hold retention or worked last year 2018-19, no recommendation is required)
- Recommendation must
- be submitted directly to GTSupport@schools.nyc.gov,
- ·originate from their current Supervisor’s, NYCDOE email account,
- include “Recommendation” and candidate’s file number in the subject line,
- include a brief description of the applicant’s qualifications, and
- be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 23, 2019 to receive consideration
- Please note: Nominations from last year remain on file
- Available to attend the full training and testing commitment for the 2019-2020 G&T Test Administration.
- In December 2019, there is mandatory face-to-face training for first time hires or anyone who did not work the previous year and optional face-to-face training for hires who worked as test administrators in January 2019
- See the application portal for the expected training schedule.
- Returning test administrators declining face-to-face training must participate in online training.
- Test Administrators who are absent from training, testing, arrive at the testing site late, or fail to apply the G&T Testing Protocols will be released from the assignment.
- Hold and exercise retention rights.
- Are currently teaching an elementary classroom (based on STARS data) which aligns to the related NYCDOE G&T Assessment and are appointed under one of the license areas listed above.
- Hold fluency – reading, writing, and speaking – of one or more foreign languages (including but not limited to: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese-Cantonese/Mandarin, Haitian/Creole, French, Korean, Russian, Spanish, or Urdu).
- Administer G&T assessment to Pre-k to Second Grade children one-on-one or in small groups
- Review GTAPS for accuracy of administration
- Assist in preparing test documents for transmission
- Attend face-to-face professional development training or online training; first-time hires must attend mandatory face-to-face training between December 2nd – December 6th
- Willing to travel to other testing sites as needed
- Demonstrate clear and articulate language skills
- Adhere to policies and procedures relating to test security, test distribution and collection
- Actively supervise children to and from test rooms, appropriately engage students during all aspects of testing, and demonstrate ability to work well with young children individually and in small groups
- Properly maintain test rooms and security of testing materials
- Use and monitor personal email account for all correspondence and updates regarding this position (Active DOE applicants, must use DOE email)
- Communicate with families via telephone and email in a professional manner
- Indicated in the table above, HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 80 HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting and are subject to change and are not guaranteed.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency of testing, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
Training and Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
An online Application will be available beginning October 1, 2019. The application will be available at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/giftedandtalented/ No paper applications will be accepted.
NOTE: OP-175 application to be collected at test administration site at start of activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail GTsupport@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.