PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 12: Teacher - Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute Teacher (Division of Multilingual Learners)
- Posted Date: Sep 11, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYSED certified and NYCDOE licensed high school teacher or social worker for the 2020 Puerto Rican/Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute (PR/HYLI). Multiple positions available.
Division of Multilingual Learners (DML), 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007, and district/school sites in the five boroughs and Albany, NY
NYCDOE licensed high school teacher or social worker.
• Three (3) years of satisfactory rating.
• Demonstrated experience as a trainer/chaperone in a student leadership activity.
• Demonstrated ability in conducting extracurricular activities.
• Fluency and literacy in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Good organizational and administrative skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to oversee teams and provide enriching instruction to students.
• Social Studies license is preferred but not required.
Per session personnel will perform one or more of the following tasks under the direction of the project supervisor:
• Analyzing and summarizing performance data
• Serving on the selection committee for determining student eligibility for participation in the 2020 institute
• Conducting Saturday and after-school training workshops for student-participants
• Attending scheduled staff meetings and trainings
• Providing students with leadership and team-building activities
• Escorting students to Albany for leadership weekend
• November 2019 through April 2020
o Monday to Friday 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (flexible schedule based on program needs)
o One (1) Saturday training on Saturday, November 23.
o Eight (8) Saturday sessions, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
o One (1) weekend in Albany, NY (date subject to change):
• Saturday, March 7 – Sunday, March 8 (per session rate for hours spent chaperoning students).
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by November 1, 2019 with subject “HYLI Teacher Per Session” to: DivisionofMultilingualLearners@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DivisionofMultilingualLearners@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.