PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 120: Supervisor (Early Childhood Gifted & Talented Test Site Administrator) - G&T
- Posted Date: Sep 25, 2019 Deadline: Oct 25, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisor, Early Childhood Gifted & Talented Test Site Administrator (approx. 90 positions)
Various elementary schools throughout the City. See a list of Gifted and Talented testing locations in each borough.
NYCDOE Appointed Supervisor (including principals, assistant principals and education administrators) with a New York State School Administrator and Supervisor Certificate (SDA, SDL, or SAS) or NYC Supervisory license
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- 1-5 years’ experience supervising the centralized NYCDOE administration of the G&T Elementary School Assessments
- Serving as principal or assistant principal at a G&T testing site
- Serving as principal or assistant principal in a NYCDOE elementary school
- Satisfactory rating required
- Must attend mandatory professional development training sessions in early December during after school Provide overall
- supervision and coordination of the instructional and administrative components of the G&T test Administration
- Provide rating for all staff at the end of per session activities
- Ensure compliance with testing guidelines
- Provide technical assistance and support to cadre of test administrators
- Conduct walkthroughs and observations
- Follow up on necessary rescheduling of absent students and snow day rescheduling
- Organize and manage all necessary paperwork as per the G&T Office directives
- Maintain inventory and weekly shipment of test documents
- Maintain security of all testing materials
- Use and monitor email account for all correspondence and updates regarding this position (Active DOE applicants, must use DOE email)
- Insure accuracy and completeness of staff time-keeping records, approve and complete necessary forms
- Demonstrate ability to provide instructional and administrative leadership in an educational test setting focused on
- assessing children for gifted and talented eligibility
- Demonstrate understanding and/or experience in early childhood education
- Demonstrate attention and responsiveness to email and phone correspondence with the Gifted and Talented Office
- regarding procedures, rules and regulations, and updates of pertinent test-related information
- Commitment to teaming and partnering with another test site supervisor to ensure continuity of leadership across test site
- and test sessions
- Demonstrate ability to work well with groups of young students and parents
- Demonstrate organizational and group management skills
- Willingness to work at more than one test site based on the needs of the G&T testing program (as needed)
- 2020 Training Session: Two (2) Mandatory face-to-face training sessions, (Test Administration and Record keeping Trainings)
between December 2nd and December 13th, 2019, at a location (see the application portal for the expected training schedule
- 2020 Weekend Test Administration Dates: January 4-5, January 11-12, and January 18-19. In order to maintain continuity
and consistency, applicants must be available for the first three weekends (Jan 4-5, 11-12, and 18-19
in order to accept the position. You may be asked to work make-up dates as needed.
- 2020 Reserve Test Administration Weekend, only if/as needed: February 1-2
- HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 80 HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Training and Per Session rates as per the CSA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. There will be 80 hours maximum, (not guaranteed) per position including training and testing
An online Application will be available beginning September 25, 2019. The application will be available at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/giftedandtalented/ No paper applications will be accepted.
NOTE: OP-175 application to be collected at test administration site at start of activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail GTsupport@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.