PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 122: Physical Education Teacher - PLC Facilitator (PE Works)
- Posted Date: Sep 10, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Professional Learning Community Facilitator (up to 60 positions may be available)
New York City Department of Education-Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Rm 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
(Or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
Licensed and appointed Physical Education, Health Education or other subject certified teacher
• Physical Education and/or Health Education Teacher
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE
• Experience with school-based teacher leadership and/or group facilitation
• Proficient in implementation of high quality physical and health education instruction
• Proficient understanding of NYS and National Physical Education and/or Health Standards and GLOs
• Knowledge of program evaluation and teacher observation tools
• Proficient in Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong commitment to a team environment and work well with others
• Willingness to collaborate with teachers and the OSWP team
• Attend PLC Facilitator training(s)
• Plan and support the implementation of Professional Learning Communities in targeted districts
• Facilitate monthly Professional Learning Community (PLC) in assigned district
• Communicate regularly with teachers attending PLC and OSWP staff
• Attend PLC Facilitator check ins led by OSWP staff
• Willingness and ability to share work in variety of formats (e.g. conferences, trainings, focus groups, leadership development trainings, WeTeachNYC, online platforms, etc.)
• Provide feedback on Office of School Wellness’ database
• Additional responsibilities as needed
• September 2019– June 2020
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 40 hours.
• Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability. Specific hours and schedules not guaranteed.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application, OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 12/31/19 to: PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov (Subject Line: Professional Learning Community Facilitator)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail PEWorks@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.