PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 13: Physical Ed Teacher - Adapted Phys Education Program Coordinator (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Adapted Physical Education Program Coordinator – Teacher (1 position available)
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
335 Adams Street, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
-Or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
• Licensed New York City Department of Education Physical Education Teacher
• At least 5 years organizing Adapted Physical Education and Special Olympics events
• Experience in ordering supplies and equipment
• Experience in budget policies and procedures
• Experience in establishing sports programs
• Knowledgeable with per session system
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within NYCDOE
• Organizing and registering students for Special Olympics events
• Organizing and registering students for Adapted Physical Education events
• Purchasing supplies and equipment for events
• Organizing Special Olympics Training Clubs and Medical Record Checklist forms for various events
• October 2019 – June 30, 2020
• Mondays – Fridays, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 400 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
• Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 11/1/19 to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line, “Adapted Physical Education Program Coordinator”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.