PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 132: Teacher - NYCTF Ambassador (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Oct 15, 2019 Deadline: Dec 14, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TEACHERS: New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) Ambassador (9 positions)
Multiple locations across the City, including the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court Street), 131 Livingston Street and 1 Fordham Plaza
• New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher
• Past participant in the NYC Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) Summer Program
• Minimum of 2 years of full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Science, Math, Students with Disabilities - Grades 7-12, and/or Spanish
AVAILABLE POSITIONS (9):
• Science (including immersion) - 1 position
• Mathematics (including immersion) - 1 position
• Moderate/Severe Students with Disabilities Generalist Grades 7-12 in District 75 – 2 positions
• Students with Disabilities - Generalist (Grades 7-12) - 4 positions
• Spanish – 1 position
• Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current position and other per-session activities.
• Passionate, reflective, and collaborative educator who has and is making a positive impact on student learning.
• Desire and ability to inspire outstanding candidates to join NYCTF to teach for the NYCDOE.
• Effective and engaging communicator; confident and inspiring public speaker.
• Ability to articulate experiences as a NYC public school teacher and teaching in high needs schools in a compelling way.
• Ability to share clearly their experiences and information about NYCTF with applicants and accepted candidates.
• Strong interpersonal and persuasive writing skills.
- Work closely with the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (TRQ) to inspire and inform prospective teachers entering the NYCDOE through the New York City Teaching Fellows through in-person Accepted Applicant event presentations, in-person Subject Area Night presentations, Ambassador Support phone calls
- Support and engage with future Fellows that come from diverse careers and backgrounds
- Plan and execute Subject Area Nights for prospective NYCTF candidates, providing deeper insight into what teaching a specific subject looks like in the NYCDOE
- Be a panelist during Accepted Applicant Events and candidly speak about the NYCTF experience during and after training
PRESENT & CULTIVATE:
- Make connections between your own experiences in the New York City Teaching Fellows and the experiences of pre-service teachers entering the Teaching Fellows program
- Share stories of your time during pre-service training and in the classroom that enhance candidate’s understanding of NYCTF’s commitment to students
ORGANIZE, PLAN AND CREATE:
- Present and host subject area nights for candidates to deepen their knowledge of pre-service training, their subject area, and what it means to teach in the New York City Department of Education
- Cultivate and organize email outreach to a specific group of candidates
- Learn and be able to accurately speak to current NYCTF program policies and key messages
- Provide support to the Enrollment Associate during NYCTF candidate enrollment season by providing writing content about the NYCTF experience to be shared electronically
ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION:
- Uphold and become familiar with the Vision of the NYC Teaching Fellows
- Comfortably use an online scheduling system to schedule and track attendance at events
- Timely response to email communication from the Enrollment Team
- Attend in-person ambassador training in late June
- Be open to regular feedback on performance during events
- Receive a performance evaluation to help benchmark performance and reference for metrics
- Complete a survey upon completion of role
- Arriving on time; this is key as this is candidate’s first exposure to the New York City Department of Education
- TR Rate (Staff Development Rate):
- January 2020: 3 hours for onsite training paid at the Staff Development Rate
- TN Rate:
- January 2020 – June 2020: 2-10 hours per month, for events and related activities.
- Various dates and times, including after school and evenings. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
The rate of compensation is the contractual hourly staff development rate, which is currently $23.30. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to process paperwork (an OP-175 and timesheet will be provided).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- Complete online application at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiSvxokoHKrCemcicJkGozLETBSWAaJjEno86ShYrv6k-NTA/viewform
- Deadline: December 14, 2019
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session.
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Teaching Fellows Ambassador”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.