PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 133: Teacher - NYCTF Onsite Phone Interviewer Coach (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Oct 15, 2019 Deadline: Dec 14, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TEACHERS: Onsite Phone Interviewer Coach for New York City Teaching Fellows program (NYCTF) – 2 positions
Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court Street)
• New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher in good standing
• Graduate of NYC Teaching Fellows or previous experience with the NYCTF as a Collaborative Coach, Fellow Effectiveness Manager (FEM), Lead Instructor or Training Academy Director (TAD)
• Prior experience as a phone interviewer for the New York City Teaching Fellows or New York City Teaching Collaborative
• Minimum of 2 years full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Childhood Education with a Bilingual Extension, Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, and/or Social Studies.
• Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current position and other per-session activities.
• Demonstrated excellence in the Phone Interview role
• Passion and excitement for coaching adults and/or strengthening adult facilitation skills
• Evidence of strong critical thinking skills.
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly evaluations of candidates’ proficiency, as well as the phone interviewer’s performance.
• Ability to work in under strict time constraints to complete discrete tasks
• Evidence of effective use of organizational skills and time management.
• Evidence of ability to give feedback to phone interviewers for higher rates of success.
• Comfort working with computers and the Internet
• Demonstrated proficiency in per-session activities.
Training and Coaching:
- Support the planning and facilitation of phone interview training in January of 2020.
- Coach and observe Onsite Phone Interviewers at 2-4 interview events per month from January 2020- April 2020.
- Record portions of the phone interviewers’ interactions with candidates and provide feedback to interviewers on their notes
- Function well under strict time constraints to complete each phone interviewer observation and write up within 40 minutes for each of five phone interviewers consecutively
- Support with creating materials and guides for phone interviewers
- Attentively multi-task; take notes on candidate answers while also taking notes on phone interviewer performance
Evaluation of evidence:
- Use a rubric to accurately evaluate Phone Interviewers and provide appropriate evidence for the areas in which phone interviewers are rated.
- Provide accurate and meaningful feedback to onsite phone interviewers during and after the interview event.
- Reflect on phone interview data throughout the selection season with the phone interview manager and share data with Onsite Phone Interviewers.
- Support the evaluation of phone interviewers exclusively using the criteria set by the program selection model, using phone interview script and rubric.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each phone interviewer during and after phone interview.
- Compose summaries that contain direct evidence and synthesis for each candidate and phone interviewer
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Complete Onsite Coach training successfully in early January.
- Attend weekly check-ins with the Phone Interview Manager throughout the Phone Interview season.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently via Internet-based scheduling program.
- Arrive at interview events in a timely and consistent manner.
- Convey a positive image of the New York City Teaching Fellows program.
- Onsite Interviewers who participate in twenty (20) or more interview events during the school year will receive a rating.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- January 2020: 4 hours of Coach training
- January 2020- April 2020: 4 hours per phone interview event with a minimum of 2-4 interview events per month.
- Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
The rate of compensation is the contractual hourly staff development rate, which is currently $23.30. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to process paperwork (an OP-175 and timesheet will be provided).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- Complete online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DSBWYR8
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 15, 2019
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “New York City Teaching Fellows Phone Interview Coach”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.