PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 135: Teacher - NYCTF Onsite Selector Coach (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Oct 15, 2019 Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers: Onsite Selector Coach for New York City Teaching Fellows program (NYCTF) – 4 positions
Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court Street)
• New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher in good standing
• Graduate of NYC Teaching Fellows or previous experience with the NYCTF as a Collaborative Coach, Fellow Effectiveness Manager (FEM), Lead Instructor or Training Academy Director (TAD)
• Prior experience as an Onsite Interviewer for the New York City Teaching Fellows
• Minimum of 2 years full-time classroom experience, in at least one of the following certification areas: Childhood Education with a Bilingual extension, Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, and/or Social Studies.
• Ability to provide detailed feedback.
• Ability to facilitate training and meetings.
• Ability to answer accurately any questions about the NYCTF program with candidates.
• Strong familiarity and comfort with teaching techniques outlined in Doug Lemov’s Teach like a Champion,and ability to support the facilitation of small group sessions on specific techniques to novices unfamiliar with said techniques.
• Ability to utilize a detailed selection model and rubrics to evaluate and select applicants to the NYCTF program.
• Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to problem solve, reflect on data, and make difficult decisions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly on evaluations of candidates’ and Onsite Selectors’ proficiency.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Complete Selection Day Coach training successfully in January 2020 (see “Work Schedule” below).
- Facilitate Onsite Selector trainings in January 2020.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach like a Champion teaching techniques.
- Coach and observe Onsite Selectors at 2-4 interview events per month from January 2020 until April 2020.
- Attend and help facilitate additional Selection Day Coach meetings and trainings during the year, as necessary.
- Accurately evaluate Onsite Selectors, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to Onsite Selectors during and after the interview event.
- Reflect on selection data throughout season and share data with Onsite Selectors.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to staff inquiries regarding scheduling, feedback, and other related administrative requirements.
- Interact with DOE Central staff, Selectors, and candidates in a positive and respectful manner.
- Manage personal scheduling accurately and efficiently.
- Attend all scheduled events each month.
- Arrive at interview events on or before the required time.
- Convey a positive and professional image of the New York City Teaching Fellows program.
• January 2020: 4 hours of Coach training
• January 2020- April 2020: 4 hours per Onsite interview event with a minimum of 2-4 interview events per month.
• Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
The rate of compensation is the contractual hourly staff development rate, which is currently $23.30. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to process paperwork (an OP-175 and timesheet will be provided).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
- Complete online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R7Y7FMN
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 1, 2019
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “New York City Teaching Fellows Onsite Interview Coach”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.