PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 14: SBL/SDL/SAS/SDA - Health Education/Physical Education Administrator (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Health Education/Physical Education Administrators – Administrators
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
335 Adams Street, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
-Or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
NYC DEPT of Education Administrator, licensed and appointed supervisor (SBL/SDL, SAS, or SDS certificate).
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within NYCDOE.
• Experience in using the Physical Best Curriculum, NYC FITNESSGRAM assessment, HealthTeacher Curriculum, HealthSmart Curriculum, Reducing the Risk Curriculum, the NYCDOE HIV/AIDS Curriculum, the Great Body Shop and/or CHAMPS program.
• Experience in establishing fitness programs based upon Physical Best and/or experience in developing comprehensive health education programs based on HealthTeacher, HealthSmart, Reducing the Risk, the NYCDOE HIV/AIDS Curriculum, the Great Body Shop, Move-to-Improve and/or CHAMPS program.
• Experience using NYC FITNESSGRAM data to plan instruction.
• Proficient understanding of NYS and National Health Education Standards and National Sexuality Standards.
• Experience in creating teacher training programs.
• Knowledge and understanding of Common Core Standards.
• Teachers certified in subjects other than health and physical education should have experience developing resources and/or professional development to incorporate common core learning standards, and some experience with health and/or physical education.
• Knowledge and experience implementing curriculum, classroom best practices and/or familiarity utilizing a scope and sequence.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or Access.
• Basic knowledge of HTML or web design a plus.
• Priority given to current Office of School Wellness Programs staff.
• Plan 2019-20 professional development sessions to support the implementation of the Physical Best Curriculum, NYC FITNESSGRAM assessment, HealthTeacher Curriculum, HealthSmart Curriculum, Reducing the Risk Curriculum and/or the NYCDOE HIV/AIDS Curriculum, the Great Body Shop, Move-to-Improve, and/or CHAMPS program.
• Help prepare 2018-19 plan for health and physical education professional development opportunities.
• Create training designs and related materials to support curriculum implementation and scope and sequence.
• Review and analyze 2018-19 professional development and program evaluation/data and feedback.
• Review health education and physical education teacher candidates new to the DOE system.
• Collaborate with select health and physical education organizations.
• Design additional lessons and instructional materials for NYC FITNESSGRAM for teachers.
• Develop additional health and physical education resources for teachers around the common core learning standards.
• Assist with curriculum and resource review.
• October 2019 – June 30, 2020
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 400 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
• Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 11/1/19 to: email@example.com Subject line, “Health Education/Physical Education Administrator”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.